East Aldine District presents Awards to Strategic Partners
The East Aldine District held their 5th Annual Strategic Partner Awards banquet on Tuesday, December 16, and recognized a number of “Strategic Partners” that helped make improvements to the quality of life in the district. The event was held at the Greer & Lowdermilk Conference Center at Interwood. Guests and honorees enjoyed the banter of emcee Dr. Bennie Lambert, VP of Lone Star College North Harris.
Dr. Lambert and East Aldine Chairman Gerald Overturff presented awards in eight categories:
• Volunteer of the Year, Judy Hoya;
• Community & Youth Services, HCSO Explorer’s Post 42;
• Public Safety Award, Sgt. Danny Garcia & HCSO Pro-Active Unit;
• Public Health, Jenny Varghese, EAMD Healthy Dining Program;
• Education, Dr. Rebecca Hoyt, principal of Hambrick Middle School;
• Business, Yvonne Silva of Chick-Fil-A;
• Chairman’s Award, Joe Turner of Houston Parks Dept.; and
• Special EAMD Award, Gerald Overturff chairman of the EAMD board.