The East Aldine Arts Council was created in 2020 to increase the visibility of public art works throughout the East Aldine District and to engage residents in a conversation about the power that art can have and the pride it can invoke in the community.
Our mission is simple: To promote and advocate for the visual and performing arts throughout the East Aldine community.
In support of the mission, the Council has five objectives to help enrich our beloved East Aldine.
- Foster creativity and expression via public art installations and exhibits.
- Actively engage with the community and work with local partners to ignite civic pride via visual art.
- Make East Aldine an art-centric destination with unique and compelling art works on display.
- Provide the residents a vibrant and enriching performing arts experience
- Seek out community & local artists and provide a platform for their work.
With district funding, Up Art Studio artists recently created the first two mini-murals in East Aldine on metal utility cabinets on Aldine-Westfield Road at Greens Road and at Little York Road.
Take photos of the mini-murals, post them and tag us! @AldineDistrict on Twitter, #eastaldinedistrict on Instagram and on Facebook at East Aldine District.
The Council has several projects for 2021 in the works, including:
- Completing the lobby wall mural for the new Aldine Management District building at the district’s Town Center.
- Working with local artist to bring a large-scale sculpture to the community.
- Outdoor wall murals
- More mini-murals throughout the district
- Small-scale community art projects
- Partner collaborations and more!