The East Aldine Arts Council was created in 2020 to increase the visibility of public art works throughout the East Aldine District and to engage residents in a conversation about the power that art can have and the pride it can invoke in the community.
Our mission is simple: To promote and advocate for the visual arts throughout the East Aldine community.
In support of the mission, the Council has four objectives to help enrich our beloved East Aldine.
- Foster creativity and expression via public art installations and exhibits.
- Actively engage with the community and work with local partners to ignite civic pride via visual art.
- Make East Aldine an art-centric destination with unique and compelling art works on display.
- Seek out community & local artists and provide a platform for their work.
With district funding, Up Art Studio artists recently created the first two min-murals in East Aldine on metal utility cabinets on Aldine-Westfield Road at Greens Road and at Little York Road.
Take photos of the mini-murals, posts them and tag us! @AldineDistrict on Twitter, #eastaldinedistrict on Instagram and on Facebook at East Aldine District.
The Council has several projects for 2021 in the works, including:
- Completing the lobby wall mural for the new Aldine Management District building at the district’s Town Center.
- Working with local artist to bring a large-scale sculpture to the community.
- Outdoor wall murals
- More mini-murals throughout the district
- Small-scale community art projects
- Partner collaborations and more!