BakerRipley and Hope Clinic – Bite of Hope Program have teamed up to provide the “Food Industry Recovery Program”! This is an online series mixed with one-on-one coaching and presented in English. This program is aimed at owners or partners of small businesses related to the food industry (restaurants, bakeries, food trucks, food products, catering, meal prep, etc.).
The objective of the “Food Industry Recovery Program” is to rebuild existing businesses who have been impacted by COVID-19. They’ll learn about the importance of incorporating healthy foods, get access to food experts locally and globally, build out a strategic plan for recovery, and improve focus and business mindset in order to pivot the business.
This intensive 4-week seminar has no cost, the workshops will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am – 11:00 am via Zoom. Starting on September 8th and ending on September 29th. In addition to the workshops, students get access to technical assistance of up to two hours per week and will finish the class with a new strategic plan.
Who is a great candidate for the program?
- Any current food industry business who has been affected negatively by COVID-19.
- Owner and/or manager must have a food safety certification. We can assist in getting connected to the training if they do not have one.
- The business has to operate under a registered business (state or local) (DBA, LLC, etc)
- Has recipes with measurements, if not then at least have a list of products with menu and prices.
- The business should generate income and at least have to report last year taxes
- Can commit to about 10 hours a week for classes and working on assignments.
Anyone who is interested can apply here. Once the application is completed, a staff member of BakerRipley will contact the business owner within 48 hours. All applicants will be screened and it is a first come first serve basis. The class has a maximum capacity of 10 small businesses. Once we hit capacity we’ll add to a waiting list for the next cohort.