The Harris County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility will open to the public beginning Tuesday, September 15th and will be accepting customers by appointment only. Please read all signs at the facility as some procedures have changed.
Visit www.HCHHW.org and click on the banner at the top. It will allow you to “SCHEDULE A DROPOFF” on the day and time that is convenient for you. This program works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
- Appointments will be scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and the 2nd and 4th Saturdays. The Harris County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility will only serve those with appointments at this time.
- Please arrive at your appointment time. If you cannot make your appointment, please cancel it and reschedule via their website.
- You will be provided a confirmation number when you schedule your appointment. You must provide your confirmation number, your name, or address when you arrive at the facility.
- Please stay in your vehicle to be offloaded with your vehicle turned off. The Harris County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility cannot remove your HHW items if you are out of your vehicle or it is not turned off.
- Please review and follow the new COVID-19 protocol listed on the scheduler. You must wear a face covering while at the facility.
- The Harris County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility is limiting the interaction between customers and staff so please call ahead if you have any questions. Please note their number has changed and is now 346.286.4299.
- If you have an item that no longer has its original label, please write what is in the container on the outside of it.
The Harris County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility wants to ensure you are safe while visiting our facility.
For more information contact Cheryl Burton Fentress, HHW Program Manager, Harris County Engineering Department / Watershed Protection Group at 346.286.4294.