HPD, in partnership with the Greater Houston Loss Prevention Alliance (GHLPA) and Crime Stoppers of Houston, want you to be purse aware and guard against purse theft.
Area retailers report higher incidents of purse thefts during the summer months. The GHLPA has teamed up with HPD to bring awareness of this crime and teach citizens how to not become a victim.
Some general safety tips to keep in mind while running errands:
• Only bring the things you need- necessary cards and cash
• Leave your social security card and passport at home
• Keep your purse zipped and closed
• When carrying your purse, always hold it tightly and use a crossover strap
• Never let your purse out of your sight
• Never leave your purse in your car
• Be aware of your surroundings
These tips can help lessen the risk of having your purse stolen. Shop safe and shop smart- it all starts with YOU!
For more information, visit http://www.houstontx.gov/police/pdfs/brochures/ghlpa/GHLPA_Purse_Theft_Prevention_English.pdf