• Houston Disaster Recovery
• City of Houston Emergency Information
• Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management Portal
• Local Road Conditions – Houston Transtar
• State Road Conditions – Drive Texas
The goal of the Disaster Assistance Improvement Program is to improve access to disaster information and make applying for disaster assistance easier. This is not just the beginning of the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA’s) grant process, but it is also the gatekeeper for assistance from the federal government. For business owners, that assistance will include SBA disaster loans which will be available. Individuals and businesses must register to secure resources. This is an important step of the recovery process that is not well understood.
FEMA, under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), acts as the managing partner. The site allows you to find disaster assistance that meets individual needs, learn more about the 70 forms of assistance from 17 federal agencies, apply and determine status for disaster assistance and reduce applications required, identify a FEMA Disaster Recovery Center, locate a hotel or temporary place to live, find food and nutrition programs, apply for change of address, and learn more about SBA loans for homeowners, renters, and businesses.
• FEMA Assistance
• FEMA – What to do if your business is damaged
• U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loans
• Hurricane Harvey SBA Declaration Info
• National Small Business Association Disaster Relief
• IRS Tax Relief for Victims of Hurricane Harvey