This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
September 2002 — Mission: Develop the District’s sense of place and create opportunity to support and promote economic growth by creating and reinforcing positive perceptions of the District as an outstanding place in which to live, work, shop, visit, build or invest.
1. Devise and implement an aggressive economic development strategy that would increase jobs and business opportunities for citizens in the East Aldine District area, thus positioning Aldine ID among other fast-growing suburban areas like Fort Bend County, The Woodlands, Greenspoint and others.
2. Present a positive image of the District through a comprehensive, multi-year, multi-media Image/Public Relations Program coordinated at both the local and state levels.
3. With property owners and managers, corporations and others, develop projects to enhance EAD’s competitive market position, including a well-planned major employment center with office, retail, and other commercial centers.
4. Build relationships with metropolitan Houston, state and national electronic and print media to highlight the District as an efficient, effective, successful commercial and business center.
5. Communicate to our constituents — property owners and managers, tenants and the general public — the services available through the District.
6. Act as a “clearinghouse” for the accumulation and dissemination of information, which will assist the brokerage community in identifying the District as a successful, “ready-to-do-business” center of commercial groups.
Programs and Projects
Implement a total Public Relations/Image Campaign that will improve the public perception and increase public awareness of the District.
Provide financial participation in Aldine Scholarship Foundation.
Conduct research and create the District’s marketing materials to meet the needs of current and prospective property owners and tenants, employers, brokers, meeting planners and the general public.
Provide public relations and marketing support to the District’s Transportation, Public Safety and Environmental and Urban Design efforts.
Provide a district website and regular newsletter to be made available to employees, employers, nearby residents and the general public.
Establish the District as a clearinghouse for information, including upcoming events in the District, press clippings, demographics and brochures about the area.
Boost business locations by identifying specific areas of involvement with the Greater Houston Partnership.