Houston Water has completed repairs on a 66-inch (5.5-foot diameter) water main located near Beltway 8 North and US 59. Although the city knows of no resulting quality problems with the water supply to the area, a drinking water advisory is being issued for residents in the vicinity of Will Clayton Parkway, east of the airport and west of US 59 until final water samples are confirmed to meet state drinking water standards.

Houston Public Works is closely monitoring the situation and will have final samples back from the laboratory in the next 24-48 hours. Local government officials and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) have been notified.

TCEQ requires this mandatory notification and the information below.

Due to reduced distribution system pressure and low disinfection residuals, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality has required the Houston Main Water System (TX1010013) notify all customers to boil their water prior to consumption (e.g., washing hands/face, brushing teeth, drinking, etc). Children, seniors, and persons with weakened immune systems are particularly vulnerable to harmful bacteria, and all customers should follow these directions).

To ensure destruction of all harmful bacteria and other microbes, water for drinking, cooking, and ice making should be boiled and cooled prior to use for drinking water or human consumption purposes. The water should be brought to a vigorous rolling boil and then boiled for two minutes.

In lieu of boiling, individuals may purchase bottled water or obtain water from some other suitable source for drinking water or human consumption purposes.

When it is no longer necessary to boil the water, the public water system officials will notify customers that the water is safe for drinking water or human consumption purposes.

Once the boil water notice is no longer in effect, the public water system will issue a notice to customers that rescinds the boil water notice in a manner similar to this notice.

Please share this information with all the other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.

If you have questions concerning this matter, you may contact 311.

Aviso público sobre el agua potable. Para obtener ayuda en español, llame al 311.

Thông báo công khai về nước uống. Để được trợ giúp bằng tiếng Việt, vui lòng goi 311.

Avis public concernant l’eau potable. Pour obtenir une assistance en français, veuillez appeler le 311.

.311 مقرلا ىلع لاصتالا ىجرُي ،ةيبرعلا ةغللاب ةدعاسملا ىلع لوصحلل .برشلا هايم نأشب ماع راعشإ

有關飲水的公告。如需用中文獲得幫助,請撥打 311 號碼。

Map of Impacted Area: https://goo.gl/Jyzm2C